Grant amddifadedd disgybl (GAD) / Pupil deprivation grant (PDG)
Grant amddifadedd Disgybl YGG Castell-need 2020- 2021 Pupil Deprivation Grant
The Pupil Development Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (eFSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC). Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC. As a school, we have agreed the following three steps:
- to identify the target group of pupils and genral/specific needs in relation to support
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
In 2020-21 YGG Castell-nedd was provided with a PDG allocation of £39,100.
YGG Castell-Nedd has a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Neath Port Talbot Local Authority, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding. We have used the funding available towards:
- Implementation of intervention programmes for targeted pupils e.g ELSA
- Ensuring equitable access to educational visit costs, instrument and lessons and enrichment activities for those most vulnerable due to financial constraints and therefore eligible for FSM.
- Supporting pupils with their health and wellbeing.
- Providing a school counselling service.
- Providing pastoral support.
- Providing opportunities for the identified pupils to achieve at the highest level.
The intended impact of the above actions is to:
- Support identified pupils to improve their literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ensure access to an enriched curriculum for identified pupils and families.
- Support identified pupils to identify and express their feelings and worries and as a result have better opportunities to access their learning and achieve their targets.
- Ensure identified pupils can access specialist support when needed.
- Ensure that identified pupils are supported to fully engage in the curriculum and achieve their best.